lucky

Boy I hear you, in my dreams
I feel your whisper across the sea
I keep you with me in my heart
You make it easy when life gets hard
*Lucky, by Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz

This was a "lucky" weekend, indeed. It was about to prove interesting, but things just sort of fell into place:
Trey was supposed to work some crazy hours, but read the schedule wrong and ended up with Sunday off. This, the weekend before the craziest week in the grocery business, and he had the day to spend with us!
A minor miracle: I dropped the ball and started looking for Reece's santa picture outfit too late, but found an awesome tie and hat at Children's Place. Reece wore the hat the entire shopping trip (he has NEVER worn a hat before, in fact he just throws them off his head!) and kept it on for Santa pictures!
Another perfect find: We've been looking for a "Mack" truck (from Cars) for quite some time. We found one at the Toy's R Us pop-up in the mall! Score!
Perfection in a bottle: We woke up from a nap a bit out-of-sorts, but rallied when it came time to see santa and Reece even told Santa he wanted a jet ski for Christmas! I didn't want to be that Mom that put her kid on Santa and he starts bawling. I think the lollipop had something to do with his willingness to sit on the jolly old guy's lap!
I am indeed a lucky Mom and a lucky wife...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a mother,a wife, and a National Board Certified Art Teacher. My family is my love and photography is my passion!
Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Tampa Bay 3-Day for the Cure!

Blog Archive

Followers