milk bottle cookies

Chase's birthday theme this year was "Milk and Cookies" (I'll put up a whole birthday post later!) but as soon as I posted this picture on Facebook, I was getting messages left and right on how to make them. So, I suppose I won't hold out on my secret creations any longer :)


First of all, I wanted to carry the theme through and couldn't find any containers I liked. Mason jars were a bit too big. These containers are actually Starbucks' Frappuccino bottles, emptied out and cleaned out! There, the secret is out!

Inside I layered the following:
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 3 tbsp white sugar
  • 4 tbsp quick-cook oats
  • 3 tbsp chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar packed
For the tops, I used some natural muslin and jute to hang the recipe tag. It read:
Cookies for ONE (or two!)
Combine contents plus
one egg and
one tsp vanilla.
Bake at 350 and enjoy!

The custom labels were made by Michelle at Etsy shop MTipsy and I just loved them! I printed them on clear sheets of sticker paper (Avary sticker sheets). I believe the size is 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".

I just adore how they turned out and I may recycle the idea again for Christmas!

7 comments:

Ashlee said...

SO cute!

Unknown said...

Just curious about the lack of any shortening or butter. You don't need to add any to the mix?

Amanda Davis said...

I was wondering about no butter or shorting as well but didn't see the answer. I want to make these though
Any tips?

Amanda Davis said...

I was wondering about no butter or shorting as well but didn't see the answer. I want to make these though
Any tips?

Amanda Davis said...

I was wondering the same thing amy no buttery or shortning.but didn't see a reply. Amy tips?

Amanda Davis said...

I was wondering the same thing amy no buttery or shortning.but didn't see a reply. Amy tips?

Katmend said...

I think shes forgotten to add the butter.I compared it with another recipe and I divided by 3.You would add 27gms of unsalted butter at room temp.This recipe gives you approx. 8 cookies

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a mother,a wife, and a National Board Certified Art Teacher. My family is my love and photography is my passion!
Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Tampa Bay 3-Day for the Cure!

Blog Archive

Followers