so thankful...

It's November. Time to show gratitude for everyday things. Time to show thanks for family, friends, food and fun.


Time to show gratitude for my Starbucks Soy Chai Latte this morning!

I've absolutely never had this happen to me...the beautiful person in front of me at the Starbucks drive-through this morning paid for my drink. The barista at the window told me it was "Random Acts of Kindness Day". I was so flabbergasted and taken away, it really put a smile on my face on this day that promises to be busy and stressful! The bumber sticker on her car said "Mom Taxi", so from one over-worked mom to another...thank you.

I am so thankful that people take time out of their busy lives to put a smile on the face of others. Many times I feel like I'm on the opposite end of the stick...unselfishly giving to others without the expectation of anything in return. I don't expect anything. People often ask me why I choose to be so philanthropic in my life, why I walk 60 miles to cure cancer, why I walk for 24 hours in hopes to find a cure, why I run the Student Council at school. I do all these things to give back to others. To put smiles on the faces of others. I do it because sometimes in life you never know when you too might need something and someone pays it forward to you.

So, to that person who so selflessly bought my Chai Latte this morning, thank you. It made my day, and I promise to pay it forward in another random act of kindness!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure you enjoyed your Chai Latte a little more that morning!

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a mother,a wife, and a National Board Certified Art Teacher. My family is my love and photography is my passion!
Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Tampa Bay 3-Day for the Cure!

Blog Archive

Followers