Memory (sing it sistah!!!!)

Today was Trey's first student teaching experience and observation. Poor guy was a nervous wreck all day yesterday and didn't sleep very well last night. I heard him up EXTRA early this morning. Knowing him, breakfast wasn't eaten, either...but I am sure a Mountain Dew was had!

Trey has been taking his ATC (Alternative Teacher Certification) at the local community college. He has only 8 weeks left (started in January). For him, it has been a breath of fresh air, a glimmer of hope, and a welcome change from the hustle and bustle of sales and retail. For me, it has been a great thing being able to see him doing something that he loves. While trying at times to "get it all done", this really was a good time for him to do this so we can finally have the life we want...weekends off, holidays off...aaaaaah, the life of teachers!

He had to teach a unit on credit cards. I'm just the Art Teacher but I gave him a couple of "hooks" to use during the lesson. I don't want to get in the way I thought...so the rest was up to him! He called me today at school relieved that he had finished. It was so cute~ he told me after 10 minutes his stomach calmed down and he wasn't so nervous anymore. Boy, I can remember those days. But there are times I still feel that way, like when I introduce a new lesson. We jokingly call our Monday kids our "guinea pigs", because by Friday the lesson is fabulous!

This is my 10th year teaching and yes, I STILL get butterflies every now and then when I am teaching. I think I had butterflies for the first 2 years I taught....now I'm an old pro.

Right. I'll just let you keep thinking that!

So, here's to people pursuing their dreams, for trudging through sleepless nights, and fingers crossed that there will be some teaching jobs out there come August. I truly want nothing more than for Trey to have the "life" of a teacher...and a Daddy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a mother,a wife, and a National Board Certified Art Teacher. My family is my love and photography is my passion!
Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Tampa Bay 3-Day for the Cure!

Blog Archive

Followers