EZPZ greek-style shrimp scampi

this recipe is deeeeeee-lish! i found it on a publix apron recipe card a couple of years ago and have modified it a little bit to make it "our" own. this LITERALLY take 7 minutes to make, and it's so rich tasting you can tell your friends you slaved over it for a long time.

well, that is, if you caught the shrimp yourself. or if you cook it over a campfire. or make your own pasta.

neither of which i do, so this meal takes me 7 minutes. ha!

here's what you need:
1 lb large shrimp, peeled, de-veined, tails off.
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp crushed basil
feta cheese
whole-wheat vermicelli or angel-hair pasta
sliced black olives (optional)

to make:
put butter and minced garlic into saute pan and saute the garlic. don't let it burn! add in the shrimp to cook (just make them pink), basil, and tomatoes to warm them. here is where you also add in the black olives if that floats your boat. in a separate pan, boil your noodles.

drain noodles and add them to the pan (or you can serve up the shrimp and tomatoes on top of the noodles). add the feta on top.

enjoy...and add this to your rotation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a mother,a wife, and a National Board Certified Art Teacher. My family is my love and photography is my passion!
Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Tampa Bay 3-Day for the Cure!

Blog Archive

Followers