eleventh heaven!

Dear Reece,

Today you turn eleven months old. In one month we will be celebrating your 1st birthday. I just cannot believe how time has flown by. I can remember this time last year I was anxiously washing all your newborn onesies, folding them, and placing them by size in your top drawer. A year ago today I was going to the doctor once a week for check-ups, patiently waiting for your November 21st due date. My how our lives have changed in eleven short months!
Speaking of change, you have truly become a little boy this month! Even at Target today people stopped me and told me how handsome you are...and how you are "all boy". You just smile at them (probably because you know it's true!) and continue chewing on whatever we are purchasing! We bought you your first pair of real shoes this month and they really seem to make you look older.

At 10 1/2 months you went to the doctor for a bad cold and you were 19lbs 1oz. With the way you are eating now I'd imagine you were pretty close to 20 lbs. Mommy's big boy! You have tried tons of new foods this month: lunch meat, chicken, veggie burgers, mac-n-cheese and cheerios. You love them all. We have yet to get anything green into your body, but we try daily. I think this might be our first battle. Don't worry, you'll learn to love your greens just like Mommy and Daddy! Strawberries continue to be the food of choice...we think you are going to turn into a strawberry!
You also have started drinking real milk from your sippy cup at dinner time. This is great because you pretty much are giving up on your formula. You are doing very well with your sippy cup and will probably exclusively use it within the next month.
You are such a little ball of energy! You crawl all over the house and love pushing your Jeep walker and laundry baskets everywhere. Sometimes they go really fast but you move to catch up with them. You laugh hard when you get going fast. It really is the cutest thing! Hopefully this month we'll see you get more brave and stand alone...maybe even walk! We're not pushing it, though, since you are already a maniac and love to play in dog food, in the dishwasher, and in the toilets as it is! You have found your antique wooden train and love pushing it all over the house. You push it under things and around things...you are so content playing with your train.



This month you have started to talk...mostly copy what Mommy and Daddy say (sounds, intonation, etc) but you can say "uh oh" and "ball". We knew ball would be your first word! You say "daaaad da daaaad da" a lot and only say "maaaaam ma" when you are following me or when you're really tired.
I'm ready for your first birthday...I've got your cake ordered, the invitations sent, and your birthday shirt hanging in your closet. I am SOOOOOO not ready for that day to come, though, so in the meantime I'll just love you and kiss you and watch you grow and play...and enjoy this eleventh heaven before it's just a memory.
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FLORIDA STATE!!!!! I AM EVEN GETTING USED TO THE BUCKEYE STUFF, BUT, A BLUE AND ORANGE florida sippy cup??????? I KNOW WHAT REECE IS GETTING FOR HIS BIRTHDAY........DAD

Unknown said...

How cute! I miss those days....sometimes!

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a mother,a wife, and a National Board Certified Art Teacher. My family is my love and photography is my passion!
Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Tampa Bay 3-Day for the Cure!

Blog Archive

Followers