whirlwind weekend...

I swore to myself that I wasn't going to work that hard this summer. I had visions of staying home with Reece, getting Starbucks, hitting the beach, etc.

Ahem.

Swimming lesson have once again consumed my time this summer. Throw Water Quest Camp on top of that and you have an 8-hour-a-day job. Again.

No pity party, because I actually like my summer job!

This week has been really a great time! Grandma and Grandpa Smiley came down from Ohio to "see" their new Florida home for the first time! They were buying this house sight unseen and relied on what Trey and I had told them about it. FUN! They were busy at work ripping out carpet, painting, and fixing. Reece thought it was a great time, too!
On Thursday, Kristin and Macallan came to play! Mac is 2 1/2 and all boy! He loves trucks, swimming, vanilla custard with sprinkles, black olives, and his mama. He did not like Riley and Calvin, often telling them "no no no doggie, go white door". Yes, he wanted them outside. Macallan wanted to share his trucks with Reece. Actually, I think Reece begged Mac to share.
We managed to get both kiddos up to the water park, to the mall for lunch, out for ice cream and back home without any major meltdowns. There is no rationalizing with a 2 1/2 year old, but I've learned that bribing does work!
Our jaunt on the SVET ferry to our beach was next. Reece went with Trey to go see Grandma and Grandpa (who had been feverishly working on their house all week) before they left to go back to Ohio. Kristin, Macallan and I went to the beach to see if we could find some shark's teeth. Or a shell. Or the resident turtle. Or to see if I could snap some cute pictures of this handsome boy.



















It really was a great weekend with Kristin and Mac! Can't wait to visit again!
So anyways, back to the whole work situation. Why I am working so hard this summer? Of course I get so much out of teaching swimming lessons. Basically, I hate my little Fuji Finepix camera. It is great to put in your pocket and carry with you around to point-and-shoot when needed. I've had that camera in my hand for the past 8 months and it was killing me because it was incredibly slow. I'd miss smiles and funny moments because those little cameras aren't known for their speed.

So yes, I decided to work my hiney off to buy a nice camera. A camera that shoots 3.5 photos per second so I am able to capture 3.5 different versions of a smile from my little guy.

Now I love a great brew of iced tea, an awesome sale, my husband and my little bug...and I am soooooooo in love with this new camera!

Apparantly, Reece wasn't too impressed with my new camera or his photo shoot. He'd so much rather hang with Mac, go swimming, or eat a lens cap.
I can take a hint! Now armed with my fabulous new Canon Rebel, I'm sure not to miss another cute moment of Reece's life. So our fantastic whirlwind weekend came to an end, but we've got plenty of summer left to enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a mother,a wife, and a National Board Certified Art Teacher. My family is my love and photography is my passion!
Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Tampa Bay 3-Day for the Cure!

Blog Archive

Followers