1 down

Happy 1-month birthday to my littlest love! What a fast month it has been, it seems as though I've known you forever! You fit right into our fast-paced family, let's see what you have been up to in the past month!


You are 8 1/2 lbs and 22 inches long. You still wear newborn clothes, but are growing out of them length-wise. We're about ready to hand-down some of YOUR hand-me-downs to some other deserving little boy and just today moved up to a size 1 diaper.

You are very "go with the flow" and find your niche just about anywhere. You're content snoozing in your car carrier, in my arms, or chilling in the Boppy. You sleep in your own crib now (more on that in a minute) because we evicted you from our room. You have a big brother who adores you and kisses you when I'm not looking. When he wakes up his first question is "where is my little brother?" and the last thing he says at night is "let me kiss baby Chase". I just know the two of you are going to be the best of friends!

The past week or so you have been grunting and whining in your sleep, which was keeping us up all night, so we moved you into your crib in your room. Realizing that this was not normal, we've re-evaluated feeding, bottles, sleep positioning, etc to find out why you were in discomfort at night. We've got you propped in a "nap nanny" to sleep and have switched bottles. Last night you slept well and we hope we are on the right path!

I have enjoyed the past 4 weeks being home with you, learning more about your little personality, watching you sleep, and watching you grow! You are so alert these days and check out everything. You remind me so much of Reece, from your furrowed brow to your "old man's" hairline, to your long legs and arms. You're the perfect "bookend" to our family and we just love you so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a mother,a wife, and a National Board Certified Art Teacher. My family is my love and photography is my passion!
Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Tampa Bay 3-Day for the Cure!

Blog Archive

Followers