these feet are...

TIRED. I cannot stand "losing an hour" to Daylight Savings Time.

It probably doesn't help that I ran my first half-marathon yesterday, either! I'm whipped, exhausted, and my left knee is sore. Other than that, I'm overjoyed, impressed, ecstatic, and humbled that my body could run that far.
The run started out at the Ringling Museum in Sarasota. The hour lost didn't phase me as I corralled up and psyched myself up for the next couple of hours of torture...er...running.

Like my last run, this run took us over the Ringling bridge TWICE (about 6 and 7 miles into the run). Talk about a burn. Holy cuh-rap! At about mile 11 my left knee was killing me and I could feel my legs succombing to the oh-lordy-please-stop-running-syndrome. I had been keeping pace of about 10-11:30 miles, even over the bridge! I had to walk for a bit. This was the only amount of walking I did. At MILE 11!! To be honest, I surpised myself. My original goal was to be done before 2 hours 40 minutes. I finished at 2 hours 21 minutes.
In the words of Jeff Probst: Worth running for? Yes, I'd run a thousand miles to get a kiss from this dude!

Reece loved my finisher's medal about as much as he loves his "First Juice". He looks pretty official, doesn't he?! I love this picture of my two favorite "fans"! Notice that I am quite obviously sitting down and shooting up. Yes, this is because once I sat down it was difficult for me to get up!
These two boys are my biggest fans, and I love them for it. They're proud of me and give me strength every single day! I'm pretty big fans of theirs, too. Add ibuprofen to my top 3 and we'll call it a day!

1 comments:

Ashlee said...

Congratulations!! That's awesome!

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a mother,a wife, and a National Board Certified Art Teacher. My family is my love and photography is my passion!
Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Tampa Bay 3-Day for the Cure!

Blog Archive

Followers